Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Anniversary Post (5)

In lieu of our 9th anniversary: A celebratory post, to remember, to give thanks for, to reflect and of course post pictures!

Journal entry the morning of June 1, 2002:
"The day I have waited for for so long... I will be Mrs. Dustin Lee Qualls at the end of this day! Father, thank you for your provision and protection, for giving us patience, for meeting our needs. I ask you to be with us today in a special way. Calm our nerves and help our focus to be each other and the meaning of today. Thank you for your word, for conviction from you. Help us to become true imitators of you in every aspect of our lives beginning anew each day. I am so overwhelmed with joy and so very thankful."

Some of my favorite shots from that day. Look closely, some of you who were there may see yourselves in some of them!



At my parent's house with my girls,  preparing ourselves for the wedding.



Erin helping Ashley, on the deck, Cally my lil' sis.



With Daddy, trying not to cry. With Mom, you can see the nerves! The veil and the 'window picture'!



 
At Dustin's parents house, Denise helping Taylor, Gary assisting Dustin.

 

Tim and Rebecca (I would be in their wedding the following summer). Brandon and Jordie, Dustin and Jordan, Dustin with his parents Scott and Denise.


Daddy giving me away. He cried for a whole week after the wedding...



Lighting the unity candle, the kiss, our vows.



Mr. and Mrs. Dustin L. Qualls, the bridal party, the flower girls




Gary got us this awesome car to use for the day. It was a surprise!


 
Dustin's parents hosted the reception in their back yard. It was beautiful! The pics don't do it justice. Yes, we smashed the cake in each other's face - my favorite part of the day! A friend made our beautiful wedding cake. The bouquet toss, the toasts.

 
Our first dance (literally)


The sunset was beautiful!

 
The birdseed toss. We were picking birdseed out of everything for months afterwards! On the way to the honeymoon!


And here we are, 9 years later... can't wait to see what happens next!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you