Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just a Snippet


There are so many things I could potentially blog about. So much happens in a day/week/month. So much goes on in my head and heart and in my life as a wife and homeschooling mother of three. It is hard to pick and choose. I want to be a good steward of my time, but I also want to take time to write down the important things.

These random pictures represent some of what has happened in the past couple of months.


The circus came to town!! We had a blast!! 


The elephants and lions were by far our favorites.

 We were also thrilled to see they had trained house cats too!!

I'm not sure who had more fun. Me or the kids!!!

My parents were able to come with us, which made it even more fun.

Olivia the wizard!

Then Daddy had to take a turn!

The kids love making forts!
And yes, I must confess, I love cleaning them up!

Olivia hard at work.
Yes, you are looking at a math problem!


Ruby is so good at finding hiding/sleeping places.
Here, she is on the linen shelves in the bathroom!


There were 5 birthday's in the Marcy/Qualls family between January and February.
This is us enjoying some good family time.

That's Dadada (as my kids like to call him) multi-tasking.
Reading and being a wonderful grand-dad at the same time.

Let me introduce my crazy brother Hunter.

And no, the kids did not do this to him. He did it to himself.


Then the sickness hit!

I'm not sure if we had the flu.
But once it started it didn't stop for about 3 weeks.

Olivia got it first. Then I got it.
(sorry there's no pic for that one!)

Deacon was next.

Levi and Daddy were the last to come down with it.
We were dropping like flies!!

This is how we survived!!


Once we were all feeling better we had to get outside
and enjoy some of this lowcountry spring weather.

Not really sure why, but Liv brought her own blanket...
maybe she was afraid of catching more sick germs!

It was bright

Wearing Mommy's sunglasses makes it better.

Why sit down and eat, when you can stand!!

Once again, bright! But we aren't complaining,
the sun is out and it's warm!!

Brothers and best buds.

Believe it or not, that is just a snippet! Our life is so full. I am so thankful. Thankful for family and celebrations, kitties and messes, medicine and whole grain waffles! It may seem mundane. But that is life. God works even in, especially in, the mundane.

Glory be to God.




3 comments:

Cassandra/By His Grace, said...

I love it!! Recognizing the blessings that God gives us in the day to day~ Thanks Mika'l.

Kelly said...

Mika'l REALLY had more fun at the circus than ANYBODY.. Her Dad kept poking me and saying, " Look at your daughter".

It was a great time.

Erik and Sarah said...

Pictures do speak a thousand words. Where to begin??
Love the pics of your family! Liv's toothy smile is priceless. Glad you guys are on the mend, and especially glad that YOU enjoyed the circus according to Kelly's commentary above. ;)
I knew David was a talented man, but wow, to read a book to your grandchildren with one of them on your head... well done!
Thanks for posting as you are able.
Love
sarah