Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moving on up...

The past week has been grueling and exhausting. But we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I am thankful.

We moved this past weekend!

We have moved before, many times before, but somehow I forgot how much work it is!! I was trying to clean off the stove top this morning and my arms felt like jello! So I left it dirty - it's not going anywhere.

Even as I'm typing I am realizing that my fingertips hurt! Ugh!

But as exhausting as it has been, it has probably been the best move we have had so far. DQ and I still love each other. No one got hurt that bad. And we managed not to forget anything or anyone! Plus, we moved into a great house that I think we are going to love - I mean, I already do!

We are renting from some dear old friends. (They aren't old, we have just been friends for a long time!) He was the leader of our youth group. That's pretty much where Dustin and I fell in love. But most importantly where we grew the most spiritually during our teen years. Mike was a wonderful youth leader, mentor and friend. And I remember Sherry made the best chili and enchaladas!

Dustin and I were two of the 8 or 9 that attended his first youth group meeting back in '98 I think. And it just so happened that we were able to be there for his last youth meeting in '09. Mike had a huge impact in both or our lives. I have never been challenged the way Mike challenged us. Not only spiritually, but in our purity as well.

For a long time Dustin and I thought that we would go into youth ministry. I think that was due in large part to Mike and the way he not only discipled us, but loved and cared for us. We wanted to do that for kids too.

That's not the direction God took us, but the imprint Mike left has always remained. I am so thankful God provided his leadership in our lives at that time. It forever changed us.

And now he is our landlord!! It's kinda funny and really great at the same time. We are so thankful to be here.

Someone asked me how many times we had moved and I couldn't remember exactly, so let's see:

Grace Park to Bonair
Bonair to Longcreek
Longcreek to Seacrest
Seacrest to Longcreek
Longcreek to Stagecoach
Stagecoach to Sam's Pt.
Sam's Pt. to Stagecoach
Stagecoach to Willow Pt.
Willow Pt. to Sunset
Sunset to Pine Run

I think I told them 11 times, but I was close! And remember this has happened in just 8 years of marriage!! I think we have the military beat!

Hopefully we will be here for a while and I can put down some temporary roots!! But I feel certain we will move a few more times before it's all over - it's just what we do!!

3 comments:

jesse said...

How do you do it? When you list all those places it sounds exhausting, even though being military we have moved plenty too! I hope you'll remember to give folks your address so we can still find you when we stop into town every once in awhile. Meanwhile, happy housewarming! Have fun finding a place for everything and getting everything in its place. :)

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

excited to see it soon-geesh.

Caroline Gant said...

looks like we're neighbors!! My mom and i live two house from you with the green truck and gold van. Let me know if you need a babysitter sometime! i'm just a stroll a way. :)